Butter or margarine – 150 g
Sugar – 150 g
Potato starch – 50 g
Flour – 150 g
Water or milk – 1/2 cup
1. Beat the softened butter with sugar, then, continuing to beat, add the egg yolks one at a time, stirring the starch, flour and water.
2. Beat the egg whites in a strong foam and add to the dough, gently mixing. The dough is not thick (like kefir). Bake wafer rolls immediately.
3. Warm the waffle iron well, open and pour the dough in the middle of the lower half (if thicker, then 1 tbsp. Spoon or on the eye). Close, squeeze lightly and bake for about 2 minutes. Determine the baking time by the color of the wafers (wafer rolls should be light brown, golden).
4. Carefully remove the finished wafers from the waffle iron (with a spatula or knife) and immediately turn them into hot tubs (carefully, but very quickly). Gently place hardened tubules on a platter.
5. When the wafer rolls are completely cooled, they can be filled with any cream.